Why should I take this Test?
At least 10% of the U.S. population will have a Thyroid condition at some point in their lifetime. Over 50% don’t know they have an issue at all, as in some cases there are little or no symptoms. The information gained from taking this Test and learning about your Thyroid may be helpful for increasing your energy, improving your sleep and helping with weight management.
You should take this test if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Anxiety and Irritability
- Mood Swings
- Difficulty Sleeping
- Increased sensitivity to heat
- Muscle Weakness
- Excessive Thirst
- Dry Skin
- Increase Sensitivity to Cold
- Weight Gain
- Puffy Face
- Pain, Stiffness or swelling in joints
Thyroid Gland Function
The Thyroid gland is a gland in the neck that secretes metabolic hormones important to the growth of the human body. It specifically helps coordinate the creation and use of energy and is by far the largest gland in the neck, helping control our body’s metabolism. Our weight is also monitored by the Thyroid gland, which explains why people with a compromised Thyroid gland will have weight that fluctuates drastically. Even our internal body temperature and our cholesterol levels will be finely tuned with the help of Thyroid hormone release.
What do I get after I take this Test?
Your Test Report will include your levels of 4 Thyroid Hormones-TSH, fT3, fT4, TPO with a simple Blood Spot collection. Your Report will help you understand if your hormone levels are out of balance and understand if changes in any of your hormone levels may be causing your health problems. You and your Health Care Provider will be able to discuss if you must lower or increase hormone levels to improve your health condition. All Tests are performed by our CLIA Certified Lab Partner. You get ease and convenience of home-based sample collection and highest accuracy standards of laboratory testing.
When ordering my Test…
– No Prescription needed, must be 18 years of age to order Tests
– Kits not permitted for use in MD, NJ, NY, RI
-Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
– This report is only for informational purpose and does not provide any diagnosis or treatment. There may be other risk factors that must be considered for a complete assessment of your health. Please consult your healthcare provider to discuss your results and any questions you may have about your wellness.