Why should I take this Test?
You should take this test if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Weight Gain
- Lethargy & Chronic Fatigue
- Difficulty Losing Weight
- Dry, Cracked Skin
- Hair Loss
- Feeling Cold or Difficulty Staying Warm
- Physical Stiffness, Inflexibility, General weakness
- Sugar Cravings
Metabolism: What is it anyway?
Think of it as the engine within your cells that keeps you going. A car runs on gas, you run on calories which are units of energy. Most of these calories are burned through your body simply doing it’s job and fueling your cells, even while you’re asleep! The fuel will in turn keep your heart pumping, your blood circulating, your lungs breathing, your digestive system working and your brain neurons firing (in fact, your brain alone needs about 420 calories a day just to keep functioning). This ‘fuel’ is burned at different rates depending on the person, which is why people are said to have a ‘fast’ or ‘slow’ metabolism.
We know what you really want to know: Is there a way to burn more — that is, to get a faster metabolism? The answer is YES. It begins with what you eat and how you move, along with other factors including:
Genetics: You may have a naturally faster or slower metabolism, though lifestyle still has a big impact.
Stress: Long-term stress releases hormones that can affect your digestion, therefore your food isn’t used as efficiently.
Sleep: This is critical. When your body is short changed on zzz’s, it’s pushed into conservation mode, so you burn fewer calories.
What do I get after I take this Test?
Your Test Report will include your levels of hormones, Cortisol, Testosterone and Thyroid which contribute to stress, your metabolism and other related conditions. It will provide information for you and your Health Care Provider to discuss if you should lower or increase hormone levels to improve your health and wellness. All Tests are performed by our CLIA Certified Lab Partner. You get ease and convenience of home-based sample collection and but highest accuracy standards of laboratory testing.
When ordering my Test…
– No Prescription needed, must be 18 years of age to order Tests
– Kits not permitted for use in MD, NJ, NY, RI
-Questions? Email us: email@example.com
– This report is only for informational purpose and does not provide any diagnosis or treatment. There may be other risk factors that must be considered for a complete assessment of your health. Please consult your healthcare provider to discuss your results and any questions you may have about your wellness.